Saturday, May 14, 2011

Montrose Dog Beach II

The weather has been so good in Chicago these past few days that I had time to head down to the beach for round number two. Have to take advantage of it right?  Especially when you just quit your job and have the whole day at your disposal.  After running for about a mile, trying to get the dog at least a little exercise we headed on to the beach.  I would really like to say that Vaughn takes full advantage of the beach but he absolutely does not.  He immediately headed for the water, dipped his toes in and then proceeded to not leave my side the entire time I was taking photographs.  Dare I say that this does not bode well for if kids come along!!  With that said I have decided that Vaughn does not make a very good beach photography dog.  No matter, he does well lying on the couch and there are plenty of other dogs at the beach which are more than happy to take his place.  From a photography perspective this time there was a fair bit of light that allowed me to really up the shutter speed quite dramatically without having to reduce the aperture or raise the ISO which was great.  It's so much easier when you have that much flexibility.

This first photo does not have a super fast shutter speed but adequately does the job of keeping things crisp and clear.  Crisp and clear is my new mantra.  I think I'll create another post soon on why I am trying to take clarity to the next level.  Anyway, I like this one because of the dogs intent.  He seems focused on just one thing and nothing is going to stop him.

 I have also been getting some interesting shots of the dogs while they are shaking out after getting back from retrieving things.  What I love about these shots is that they show things that a person just does not see with the naked eye.  With this shot below I like the way the water is being sprayed out.  I also love being able to see his one eyelash sticking out like it is.  Maybe its not visible on the blog but zooming in on it shows the eyelash quite clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment