Thursday, May 5, 2011

At the Dog Park

Yesterday was a great day.  The sun was shining but the clouds were out so the light was being diffused nicely.  When walking the dog I decided to take the camera and see what I could get.  I took the zoom lens as there would be dogs running around everywhere and I wanted to get some closer shots rather than a landscape with a dog somewhere in the middle!!

Fortunately there were tons of dogs around and I got some ok shots.  I am finding out just how hard it is to get these little beasties into a situation where the shot looks good.  I find that the shots are usually better when the dog is looking right at the camera.  My collie Vaughn hardly ever looks at the camera so its really hard to get some interesting shots of him.

Jazz
But, I did get some great shots of other dogs.  This is Jazz.  His owners say he notices when cameras are on him and loves to perk up and enjoy the attention.  I like this shot because he's looking right at the camera, tail is perky, ears are perky and he stands out in the grass.  Unfortunately at the dog park all the dogs have their collars on which is a shame as it takes a little away from the picture.  Jazz doesn't seem to mind about all that stuff too much and is ready for someone to chase him and his ball!!

No comments:

Post a Comment